The Catholic Youth Ministry Federation of England and Wales is made up of the principle...0
The Catholic App (www.thecatholicapp.com) is an innovative mobile app being developed for all Catholics in the world and it will soon be deployed in the Archdiocese of St Andrews and Edinburgh in Scotland, to start with. These are its intended benefits to dioceses:
•Revitalise religious activity of the diocese by improving engagement and access to the sacramental life and by enabling more Catholics and others to find and attend Holy Mass and Confession, in particular for the mobile generation and the 18-55 age group. Consequently, also improve the financial vitality of the diocese.
• Inform, inspire and evangelise using a respectful, modern, mobile way, and break through the digital noise.
• Connect and make the diocese visible to the global smartphone generation – in particular to the local residents but also to visitors, neighbouring territories and tourists from around the world.
• Enable instant, personal, direct diocese news communication to all users without relying on e-mails or social media.
• Get valuable statistics about when and where Holy Mass and Confession are needed most across the diocese.
• Get new features and benefits based on the start of the art and best practices from across the whole world and dioceses representing millions of Catholics.
This innovation is developed by Musemantik in partnership with the Archdiocese of St Andrews and Edinburgh in Scotland